International Attendees

Below is imporant information for international attendees planning to attend ATC. This information is for your reference and information only; ATC staff cannot assist with the actual application or processing of visas.

If you are attending ATC from a country requiring a visa, please be sure to apply as early as possible and complete all required fields. 

All sessions at ATC will be conducted in English. 

Visa Information

Some participants from outside the U.S. will need to apply for a visa at the American Embassy, Consulate or other visa-issuing office in their country of origin. To obtain a visa you will need a letter of invitation, a valid passport, a photo ID and a completed Form DS 156 (nonimmigrant visa application form).

A visa is not required for visitors from countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program. Currently, 34 countries are enrolled. For more information about visa requirements, how to apply for a visa or the Visa Waiver Program, visit the “Visas for Foreign Citizens” section of the U.S. Department of State website. Use the Visa Wizard as a guide to help foreign citizens understand which visa category might be appropriate for their travel to the U.S.

Visa Waiver Program (VWP) Information

The U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens and nationals from 34 countries to travel to and enter the U.S. for business or visitor purposes for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa. Please review the U.S. Department of State website to stay up to date with important government announcements.

Visa Waiver Program Requirements

  • As of April 1, 2016, you must have an e-passport to use the VWP. An e-Passport is an enhanced secure passport with an embedded electronic chip. You can readily identify an e-Passport, because it has a unique international symbol on the cover.
  • All eligible travelers who wish to travel under the VWP must apply for authorization using the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) website.

ESTA is an automated system used to determine the eligibility of visitors to travel to the U.S. under the VWP. It collects the same information as the paper I-94W form that VWP travelers currently fill out en route to the U.S. ESTA applications may be completed online and submitted at any time prior to travel, though it is recommended that travelers apply when they begin preparing travel plans.

An ESTA authorization generally will be valid for up to two years. Authorizations will be valid for multiple entries into the U.S. DHS recommends that ESTA applications be submitted as soon as an applicant begins making travel plans

Letters of Invitation

VISA letters of invitation are available to registered participants only.  You will have the option to request a letter of invitation during the registration process.  Once you are registered, you will need to log into your badge center.  You will need your email address and badge number to log in.  You will then be able to print the VISA invitation letter using the link under "My Account."